The shooting that occurred on Sunday at a church in Pennsylvania has been investigated, and today police released their findings during a press conference.
Here is the timeline of events, as outlined during the press conference:
- The victim, 27-year-old Robert Braxton, was a part of a verbal altercation when a congregation member sitting behind him, tapped Braxton on the shoulder and told him that his seat was already taken.
- A verbal argument occurred, and Braxton was later calmed down and things settled. Church members came to Braxton to calm things down and then walked away once things were settled.
- The defendant, identified as 46-year-old Mark Storms, then approached Braxton with his firearm already out, as well as a badge.
- The badge was determined to be a badge stating that he is a concealed carrier, likely similar to this one.
- A physical altercation then occurred, and punches were thrown between Braxton and Storms.
- Storms then fired two shots at Braxton, killing him.
Storms was arrested today and charged with voluntary manslaughter and recklessly endangering others.
Check this space for updates.