CHICAGO, ILLINOIS — An armed citizen brought a lengthy crime spree to an end when he drew his firearm and shot multiple times at the 4 suspects, hitting one in the shoulder and another in the temple.
The crew were on a spree that lasted nearly an hour, and began around 5:30 am when three men got out of a vehicle and robbed a woman at gunpoint.
The following crimes occurred directly after this first hold-up, as detailed by cwbchicago.com;
- Four gunmen robbed a man in the 1600 block of North Damen around 5:25, taking his wallet and power tools. They fled in a gray car that had a trash bag over a broken rear side window, a report said.
- Three men emerged from the same car and robbed a woman at gunpoint in the 1600 block of North Hermitage around 5:28 a.m.
- Three men emerged from a gray car and robbed a group of people at a bus stop on the corner of Ashland and North avenues around 5:25 a.m. Two of those victims, both women, called the police after they arrived at work in the West Loop.
- Another victim was robbed at gunpoint in the 2200 block of North Milwaukee in Logan Square around 5:39 a.m.
- A delivery driver was robbed outside his work location in the 600 block of North Western Avenue at 5:43 a.m. by four men.
- Two people were robbed outside their office in the 2000 block of North Milwaukee around 5:46 a.m.
The men in the stolen Kia then attempted to rob another person and came up to his vehicle as he was sitting inside. One of the men pointed a gun at him and demanded his belongings, according to police. That man was a licensed concealed carrier, and immediately fought back in the form of gunshots. He hit two of the suspects, the driver in the temple and another in the shoulder.
The vehicle took off but crashed a short time later, injuring another suspect. Police apprehended a total of 4 suspects.
Another car-full of suspects apparently continued on with the crime spree, robbing a man at gunpoint just before 6:30 am.
The suspect with the gunshot wound to his temple was said to be in ‘bad’ condition.
A few years ago, Illinois was the last states in the Country to allow it’s residents to carry concealed firearms, and we’ve since documented many instances where lawfully armed citizens have successfully defended themselves while carrying a concealed firearm.