New details are coming out regarding the deadly mass shooting at a Texas elementary school that left 19 children and 2 adults dead.
Officials held a press conference that provided additional details about the timeline of events that occurred that morning, as well as other details that were previously believed to be true.
- The suspect crashed his truck near the school at 11:28 a.m.
- He exits the vehicle and makes his way towards the school, and sees two witnesses at a funeral home across the street. He fires 2 shots in their direction. Neither are hit.
- He walks to the school and climbs the fence, shooting multiple times at the school.
- At 11:40 a.m., the suspect walks into the school through a door that was possibly unlocked.
- He makes two turns down the hallways of the school and enters a classroom.
- At 11:44 a.m., local police enter the school. They hear gunfire and take rounds, moving back and taking cover.
- They do not make initial entry into the classroom. They call for additional resources.
- As on-scene police are awaiting backup, they are evacuating students and faculty from the school.
- Negotiation attempts with the suspect were not successful.
- Approximately 1 hour later, U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Teams arrive and make entry, shooting and killing the suspect.
- The majority of the gunfire was in the beginning of the incient.
- No Armed Resource Officer was involved in an initial exchange of gunfire with the suspect, as previously reported by media. The suspect was not confronted by any armed resistance prior to police entering the school.
You can watch the full press conference below.