We here at Concealed Nation have a question for you guys and girls: Do you have an EDC knife like you have a defensive handgun?
We want to collaborate on what makes your EDC setup your EDC setup, and part of that, for many people, includes knives.
We’d love to get input from our readers on the questions below:
- Do you have an EDC knife like you have a defensive handgun?
- Do you usually carry one knife regularly, or do you rotate knives?
- If you carry a knife regularly, is it for defensive use, is it for utility, or both?
- Do you carry one on your belt, clipped in your pocket, or just loose?
- How long have you had and used the knife you carry every day?
- Do you have a preferred Brand, blade length, or style?
- Is there a situation where you’d prefer your EDC knife to your EDC handgun? What is it?
Although we believe very strongly in the privacy of concealed carriers, we also think it’s extremely important to pool our knowledge as best we can, within reason, so we can all be the better for it.
I’ll lead off with my own EDC knife.
I have a knife I often carry, although I fail to carry it as often as I do my EDC handgun. It’s a small, two-ish inch-bladed Buck knife — nothing special, but it’s the exact same knife my grandfather gave me for Christmas when I was 11 years old — I’ve never changed it because I have never needed to. I’ve only ever used it for utilitarian purposes, but I’m glad to say that its utilitarian purpose has been used far more than my handgun’s defensive one.
It sits loose in my pocket — because it’s not for any defensive use, I have never felt the need to upgrade to something with a clip.
What about you? Where do you find yourself when it comes to EDC blades? Please comment on this story, shoot us messages, and tag friends! We really want to get a good conversation going!