After the widely successful launch of the Springfield Armory Hellcat back in late 2019, it’s no surprise that the company is continuing on with the line.
Today, Springfield announced the Hellcat RDP, which stands for Rapid Defense Package.
The Hellcat®, the highest capacity micro 9mm in the world, is now offered in the Rapid Defense Package (RDP™) configuration. Paired with a HEX™ micro red dot and a Self Indexing Compensator the Hellcat RDP delivers fast target acquisition and rapid, accurate follow-up shots. Also new on the Hellcat RDP is an optional ambidextrous manual safety and the Gen 2 trigger with enhanced ergonomics.
- CALIBER: 9mm
- COLOR: Black
- BARREL: 3.8″ Hammer Forged Steel w/ Compensator, Threaded (.5 x 28), Melonite® Finish, 1:10
- SLIDE: Billet Machined, Melonite® Finish, Optics Ready
- FRAME: Black Polymer w/ Adaptive Grip Texture
- SIGHTS: Tritium/Luminescent Front, Tactical Rack U-Notch Rear, HEX Wasp Red Dot
- RECOIL SYSTEM: Dual Captive Recoil Spring w/ Full Length Guide Rod
- GRIP WIDTH: 1″
- MAGAZINES: (1) 11-Round, (1) 13-Round Extended
- WEIGHT: 19.3 oz w/ Flush Mag, 19.6 oz w/ Extended Mag
- LENGTH: 7″
- HEIGHT: 4″ w/ Flush Mag, 4.5″ w/ Extended Mag
- MSRP: $899
Along with the release of the Hellcat RDP is a new line of red dot sights from Springfield Armory. The line is called HEX, and currently comes in two different sizes: Wasp, which is the compact version, and Dragonfly, the full-size. Rated at 65,000 battery life and an always-on functionality, you’ll need to change your battery every…. 7 years or so.
Could the compensator become a new trend in the concealed carry world? Springfield seems to think so, and it’ll be interesting to see if it catches on. One can’t argue with less recoil and faster follow-up shots.
In addition to the above, the Hellcat RDP sports a Gen 2 trigger, enhancing the ergonomics over the Gen 1. They also have a model available in the same setup, with the addition of a manual thumb safety.