EDGEWOOD, MARYLAND — A man was taken into custody after a full day of searching for him after he allegedly shot and killed three people and injured another three. The incident occurred at a place where he had been employed for the last four months.
The Baltimore Sun reports;
Prince is believed to have shot five people about 9 a.m. Wednesday at a kitchen countertop company in an Edgewood business park where he had worked for the past four months, police said.
The five victims were all employees of the business, Advanced Granite Solutions. Prince also is alleged to have shot another person in Delaware later in the morning.
As the manhunt unfolded and police flooded the Interstate 95 corridor seeking the suspect, Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said: “there’s an individual out there on the loose who’s committed one of the most heinous acts in our county; we certainly consider him armed and dangerous.”
Gahler called the shooting “a targeted attack, limited to that business.”
People who knew the gunman said that he was raised by a nice family, and that he seemed to have just ‘snapped’. It’s a testament to how difficult it can be sometimes, to figure out who is a danger and who is not. The suspect did have a history with police, but many did not result in convictions. Regardless of whether or not he was raised right, this man still had some issues that were not happening behind the scenes.
We hope that the surviving victims of this horrible crime are able to recover fully and quickly, and our thoughts are with them and those whose lives were taken by a person with no regard for life.